Rather than using the hand-over-hand method of retrieving lines, the capstan offers a mechanical advantage that is both faster and safer. The capstan does the heavy lifting with only a small amount of effort. The maximum speed of the line retrieval depends on the rotational speed of the drum. The benefit is that the retrieval speed can be adjusted by decreasing the tension on the retrieved line, maintaining control over a very heavy load with little effort.
This useful device, which has been around since the early days of sailing, is still used today. Recreational fishermen, like commercial fishermen, use these for hauling crab and lobster pots and there are many other uses aboard boats. The few mechanical parts and ease of use have made this a favorite of fisherman worldwide. While chains should NEVER be wrapped around a drum, the majority of lines can be handled on a capstan.
A capstan, typically operated by an easy to use footswitch (P7817600AJ), allows the boater to control lines with ease without having additional crew members. Powerwinch has a model to fit your needs. All Powerwinch capstans come with a foot control switch that allows for hands-free operation.
Quick Catch Pot Puller
Spend more time fishing, less time pulling pots
Up to 200 pounds of pulling power!
Our Quick Catch Pot Puller is perfect for fast, safe and easy retrieval of lobster or crab pots with a fast retrieval speed of 150' ft/minute. Electrical power assist retrieves pots in less than two minutes!
- Fast 150'/min retrieval with 100 lb load
- 200 lb max pull rating
- Twice as fast as the 300
- Low current motor draw
- Easy to operate foot control
- Handles unlimited rope lengths
- Stainless steel internal shafts, fasteners and hardware
- All aluminum housing, e-coat primer with a powder topcoat
- Two year limited bow to stern warranty
175 (ft/min) @ 50lbs
150 (ft/min) @ 100lbs
120 (ft/min) @ 150lbs
Average 12v current draw @ 100 lbs = 43 amps
Products returned for a refund must be in brand new and re-sellable condition and contain all original parts and packaging. Trolling motors in brand new, unused, uninstalled condition may be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase, but are ineligible for return once installed / placed / used in the water. Returns are subject up to a 25% restocking fee plus the actual cost of shipping. This amount will be deducted from the amount of your refund. We do not take single item returns $30.00 or less.
Factory Serviced items are exchangeable for a replacement of the same model on defective items only within 30 Days from date of purchase.
Due to overwhelming piracy on software including DVDs, CDs, and Pre-Loaded Data Cards, the manufacturer has stated that these items cannot be returned back to FactoryOutletStore.com. For any issues concerning the software (i.e. Defect, Troubleshooting, etc.), the customer is responsible for contacting the manufacturer directly for assistance.
All returns or exchanges missing or with damage to the original box may be refused or may be subject to a 25% penalty fee (i.e. missing/damaged UPC barcodes, missing/damaged manuals, missing/damaged warranties, tape on the manufacturer’s box, etc.). Ship all returns using a traceable shipping method and a separate shipping box. DO NOT put any courier labels on the manufacturer's merchandise packaging. Doing so requires Cheapest Outdoors to pay for replacement packaging. Therefore, additional fees will be charged under these circumstances.
We will not accept items back unless they are returned with the manufacturer's original packaging.
Cheapest Outdoors is not liable in any way for returned packages that were lost or damaged during shipment.
Return Authorization Number
RETURNS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT A VALID RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER (RMA). You may request a Return Authorization Number (RMA) within 30 Days of the original purchase date. RMA numbers expire after 30 Days, but we encourage you to return the product as soon as possible. Any return we receive without a valid RMA number will be documented and rejected or subject to a restocking charge at Cheapestoutdoors.com sole discretion. Please write to us at email@example.com to get your return started and processed.
NOTE: Due to the fact that Cheapest Outdoors ships from different warehouses around the country to expedite your shipping time, the address on your packing slip may NOT be the correct address for handling returns and exchanges. Customer MUST get a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) from one of our representatives to return their product.
Please include a copy of your receipt along with a description of all problems you had with the packaged components. You should choose a courier that provides tracking and insurance for your package. We do not reimburse shipping and handling costs incurred by Cheapest Outdoors while processing your order, or any shipping costs the customer incurs while returning or exchanging your purchase.
Cheapest Outdoors Inc. will not accept return of or issue credit for the following items (including, but not limited to):
- Body Armor
- Defense/Pepper Spray
- Items that are labeled ‘Discontinued’ by our vendors-regardless of disposition by the manufacturer
- Undergarments (including but not limited to: underwear, socks, t-shirts, base layers)
- Personal Communications Products (Including Code Red Headsets Products)
- All PDU Apparel (Professional Dress Uniform)
- Firearms Component Kits and Parts
- Product with retail price marking of any type
- Opened packages or packages showing evidence of tampering
- Product not in original packaging, including case pack goods
- Forensic testing supplies, equipment or drug and or alcohol testing kits
- First aid or trauma treatment products
- Worn or shopworn products
- Any special order products (including but not limited to): specific apparel fits, vehicular modification or customization products, special sidearm holsters or carriers, any apparel with custom embellishment, any hard goods requiring special embellishment, any product purchased for fulfillment of agency purchase order.